1 month. 8,000 miles. 16 states. Nick, Janie and a Prius.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Days 11-14 - CA

Good news- we found our camera yesterday.. the one we lost way back in Memphis. Bad news too- I dropped my phone in the toilet. So don't bother calling it, it's fried. In any case, it's small price to pay for the kind of time we've been having. Aunt T's was an awesome vacation from our vacation. Driving from city to city almost feels like work now.. almost.


Emily organized the prom for everyone.














Dead otter.


Coast to coast mob squad.




Pacific!






Scoping hermits.


Morro Rock.


This is after nick fell in. He doesn't really have hips.






4th of July fam fun.


We made it to San Fransisco tonight at 7pm. (Lacovaras- we ate at the same restaurant we ate at the last time I came to visit.) Tomorrow we're going to try and stay at a hostel nearby and check out fisherman's wharf and the Haight Ashbury district. San Fran is teeming with homosexual men, homeless people and French tourists alike. P.S. Nick says thanks for the Pee-Wee Herman comment Pop-pop.

5 comments:

  1. Nick you really reedemed yourself on the camera! I'm still a bit confused exactly how it was lost in a sub compact car for a week. I can only assume the Prius (Don't look donna)is piled high with fast food wrappers, dirty laundry, water & soda bottles, dirty camping dishes, unfolded sleeping bags, maps from everywhere, a wet tent, hotel freebs, and one fake eyelash. Who knows what you'll find when you get home and unpack? Lets hope Nick didn't stash any of those lovely roadkill for Grams taxidermy collection. LOL.


    Lacovera's you all look great, Wow! Tyler really grew up. So nice to see you guys. I love the coast to coast mob picture!


    Home update: Brody is getting getting ready for summer camp this Wednesday. He said he getting a little nervous to be away for 3 days. I know he is going to use you guys for strength and inspiration on his mini adventure. Aubrey learned how to tie her shoes and simply amazed by herself. I guarantee you both will get to see it first hand when you get home. It's too cute. Miranda was busy getting brody's camping gear ready all day. You know how she does it. I was rudely awakened from my relaxing vacation to a pile of paperwork and voicemails when I finally got done wrestling my alarm clock this morning. Tonight I plan on pretending I'm still on vacation. Be careful and have fun, Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also very curious to know where the camera was stashed. My guess is that you finally did your laundry @ the Lacovera's and low and behold-camera. Please, please, NO Roadkill for my collection!!!!!! Enjoy the west coast . Love ya, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey kids! Glad to hear you made it to SF and had that famous Claim cowder. Uncle Jim is very jealous ;) i'm a bit surprised you're staying at a hostel. Obviously Nick never saw the movie. But I guess it's better than ghost whispers and turning off radios, right Nick! The Mob squad photo is is my number one it epitomizes you three. It's made it's way to the coffee table and is now Tyler's screen saver. LOL! We love you guys, be safe and we'll see ya on the other coast. Btw, where's the burger cake? LOL!

    Moyer family- it's been equally as nice for us to read your home updates and get a small peek into your world of amazingly rapid tooth loss, fishing and camping trips and the daily news. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. My phone misses you guys too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear lovies,
    good to know you guys had a great 4th of july, jay i'll tell you all about mine when you come home, i have so much to tell you!! those orphan pictures were so you guys of course CANT GIVE YA ANYTHAN NICE.
    i love yousss

    ReplyDelete