1 month. 8,000 miles. 16 states. Nick, Janie and a Prius.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Days 15 & 16 - CA

We have been driving around for forever. San Fransico was awesome but the driving was the worst yet. Hills are ridiculous and so is the parking. Best clam chowder I have ever had, and like I'm fond of saying, "It had my name all over it." Thanks for the tip uncle Jim. Yosemite today was amazing but parking was crazy. Thought I was gonna have to fight some guy cause I "took his spot". Decided to be the bigger man and let him have it though. lol. Tonight were staying at Americas Best Value becuase we couldnt find any camp sites within 25 miles of carson city. Tomorow were gonna try and make it as far as possible to Jellystone. Hope to wake up to some great comments guys! Love Ya!!

Biggest trees we have ever seen.


She's an animal.
















They were doing a controlled burn at Yosemite, that heli was carrying some stuff.








Nick's a cliff dweller.











Bridal Veil Falls.




Old pic from camera. We were at French's Western Wear.


Hitchhiker. Our most missed pic.




CHOWDA!




Nick's future home.






Dirty Hippies.




Yo mom.


LOL.


















This is Mono Lake. It smelled like Big Foot's poop.






Nick got a tattoo

9 comments:

  1. you guys are freakssss, my official move date is august 28th. i hope you'll be back by then and ready to spend MUCHO time with me.
    happy early birthday nick, i love you!
    love
    jaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That area looks incredible! I know pictures usually don't come close to capturing it all so I can only imagine how spectacular it really must be. I guess that would explain why many famous photographers (one of my favorites) spent years hiking the same trails trying to. Im amazed how much of a contrast that area is from pictures from San Frans smog and traffic. I found it even more amazing that only one shot of the fruits and nuts that inhabit it made it to the blog. I fiqured it would be a playgound for "interesting" shots. lol

    So now that you reached the Pacific can we officially say your on your way home? I can't wait to sit down and hear about it all in person. Love Dad

    Nick, nice job drawling on yourself so you could give a gunshow. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I saw Jeff Mullens in that Haigt St poster. Bottom Left? Love you guys excited your on your way home!!! Happy(early) Birthday Nick!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... Thats too funny! Who caught that? Jeff M just recently posted a picture on my FB page of a Troy doppleganger he spotted in Prague.

    By the way Jeff and Eva just gave birth to a little girl earlier this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL.....that really does look like Jeff Mullens(with a buzz cut) in that Haigt St.poster. I think the guy,top left, looks like Rusty Moyer. Bravo, More fantasic pics!! Nick, were you chowing on some chowda @Nick's Light House. I too,thought you'd have more "fruits and nuts" type pics from San Fran. It's a nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Did you ride the "Rice a Roni" trolley car? Again, good job on the great pics. Can't wait to see the sights tomorrow. Love and Hugs,Gram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Nicholas, Happy Birthday to you!!!!
    Seems like you two are having a great time! Great pictures feels like we are right there with you. Well hope you have a great day!
    Enjoy!!!!
    Love Donna, Nicole, Ashley and your best buddies Lexy and Max

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janie, you are becomming the next ansel adams. The pics keep getting better. I think you should apply for copyright protection. Nick, can't wait for your interpretation of Wall Drug. Capture it dude!!! Happy belated B-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The longer you are away, the better it feels when you get home.

    ReplyDelete