1 month. 8,000 miles. 16 states. Nick, Janie and a Prius.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 04 - OK (sike)

Jeeze, I thought living in Harleysville was boring, I'd obviously not been to Oklahoma. If I had to describe it in three words they'd be: hell on earth. It's a constant 100+ degrees here and the redundant passing of nothingness is mind-numbing. This morning we made a pit stop at Walmart and picked up a Nikon coolpix. The show must go on, right? Nick got his first barbecue today at Nick's barbeque he says, "it had my name all over it!"
P.S.- Nick's received 31/2 out of 5 ribs on Nick's scale. We have a video we'll post when we can.
Photobucket


















The wide, open space was awesome for the first couple miles.. but 4 hours in this state is too many.



El Charro, authentic Mexican food. Good eats.



My favorite picture of Nick.












Typical Oklahoma.



Cat Carcass.








Bella Starr- outlaw.






Nice lady with wild west museum in her house.



Either the calmest dog I've ever come across or dying of heatstroke. Cat killer?



Nick's thrilled with all the possibilities regaurding meat.






Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




These freaks are going to Roswell in their spacepods, aka: their volkswagon bugs


The best yet!


Last night we camped at Red Rock Canyon St. Park in Oklahoma...

















...Nick took a lot of pictures.



It was so hot that the marshmallow bag melted on my arm.

4 comments:

  1. It was really nice to talk to you both today. I loved that you guys lost track of what day of the week it was. Ahhh it must be nice. Good move on the camera you have a bunch of great country just past the horizon that you'll need it for. However it may be hard to beat the cat carcus photo (lovely). Nick I noticed your sporting some new cut offs...lol. Did your favorite jeans actually get modified by the 100* temps?

    Well it really stinks that I won't be able to follow the blog or call for the next 10 days but Jeremy,Pop-pop and I are finally leaving on our fishing trip to Canada tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure we won't have connection to anything at the spot we are going to. I'll be thinking of you two a bunch while I'm away. I will be sure to call you as soon as I get a chance. Miss you, love you and very proud of you! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for Walmart!!!! We're on the road again with a new Nikon. Great pictures, except for cat carcus..lol. Nick, I thought you were going to rate each barbeque place you eat at???? So......how did you rate "NICK's BBQ"? Did you set up camp at, ROUND-UP RV-PARK? Time for some shut eye. Can't wait till tomorrow for "Janie and Nick's Excellent Adventure". Be safe and I love you both. Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! Photos are up and running again. We are so excited to see them except for the previously mentioned in others comment one. Though Ben found it "cool" ?? I really like the one of Nick and the Indian. Another day another state seen. Have a good night and a wonderful Thursday! FYI on the dayvof the week ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys sounds like your having a great time. Seeing lots of wonderful and exciting things. Wish we were there! Hope the rest of the trip goes just as well! The pictures are fun to see it feels like we get to be there with you. Be safe we love you Donna and Dad

    ReplyDelete