1 month. 8,000 miles. 16 states. Nick, Janie and a Prius.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Days 20 & 21 - MT, WY, SD, WI

Yesterday we saw Mount Rushmore.. not much to say about that. Afterward though, we went to reptile world and got to see 'Drew' wrestle crocodiles and taunt cobras- it was sweet. I thought he was going to have his arm ripped off by 10 hungry crocs. We also got to see the famous Wall Drug. Last night we drove all night and made our way through three states. This whole trip we've made it without killing any creatures (save for bugs but who cares about 'em) up until last night. I hit an albino snake on the highway- a good first thing to hit seeing as they're not cute or big- and nick hit a bird. We're staying at a hotel in Tomah, WI. It's got a water park in it and kind of reminds me of the Great Wolf Lodge, which makes me miss having Aub and Bro running around like little animals.. Luckily I have Nick to fill that void- he spent $13 on Buckhunter tonight. Otherwise we've been swimming and napping, saving up energy to fly through some states tomorrow.






One stop shop.


'Get back honkey cat.'


The sunrise this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Emily wants to know how you got you faces on there. She thinks its funny. It was nice to hear your voices the other day. We miss our campfire buddies. Ghost stories just aren't the same. ;)
    I was also glad to see you made it to the Tetons with sunlight. Where are you now? I bet you two are ready to get home and sleep in the comforts of your own home. It's bittersweet. Love ya guys. Keep the blog rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got home two days ago! It's bizzare being home. We miss updating the blog and moving from place to place everyday. I'm tempted to blog my ordinary life, I wish our trip weren't over :/
    Anyway I love you guys and Nick and I are already getting excited to take another 'vacation' to Ithica. Miss you all very much!!

    ReplyDelete